Saturday, December 5, 2009

Glassfish and Adf Faces

A friend told me that glassfish is the best Application Server for Java based web projects. So I installed GlassFish 2.1.1, in three easy steps, which are well documented in the download site. I wanted to see if adf faces would run at all.
I downloaded the adf faces demo 10.1.3.0.4 from oracle's site. I deployed it and everything run smoothly! well, almost everything! whenever I needed to open a popup window, for example the chooseDate component, the server would reply with the error:
=================
javax.servlet.ServletException: viewId:/__ADFv__ - View /__ADFv__ could not be restored.
root cause
javax.faces.application.ViewExpiredException: viewId:/__ADFv__ - View /__ADFv__ could not be restored.
=================
I searched the internet but found nowhere any references to it. After reading that glassfish project is providing the portability of adf faces to glassfish without modifications, I filed a bug. The reply came only a few hours later. The answer was simple. The problem was already solved but not well documented. All, I had to do was put these two lines in the web.xml file:
=================
< context-param>
< param-name>com.sun.faces.enableRestoreView11Compatibility< /param-name>
< param-value>true< /param-value>
< /context-param>
=================
After that the adf faces demo run, literally, without any modifications!

As a conclusion, I need to congratulate the GlassFish Project community, for its immediate answer and professionality, something we don't find easily these days. Keep up the good work guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment