Saturday, December 5, 2009

Glassfish and Adf Faces

A friend told me that glassfish is the best Application Server for Java based web projects. So I installed GlassFish 2.1.1, in three easy steps, which are well documented in the download site. I wanted to see if adf faces would run at all.
I downloaded the adf faces demo 10.1.3.0.4 from oracle's site. I deployed it and everything run smoothly! well, almost everything! whenever I needed to open a popup window, for example the chooseDate component, the server would reply with the error:
=================
javax.servlet.ServletException: viewId:/__ADFv__ - View /__ADFv__ could not be restored.
root cause
javax.faces.application.ViewExpiredException: viewId:/__ADFv__ - View /__ADFv__ could not be restored.
=================
I searched the internet but found nowhere any references to it. After reading that glassfish project is providing the portability of adf faces to glassfish without modifications, I filed a bug. The reply came only a few hours later. The answer was simple. The problem was already solved but not well documented. All, I had to do was put these two lines in the web.xml file:
=================
< context-param>
< param-name>com.sun.faces.enableRestoreView11Compatibility< /param-name>
< param-value>true< /param-value>
< /context-param>
=================
After that the adf faces demo run, literally, without any modifications!

As a conclusion, I need to congratulate the GlassFish Project community, for its immediate answer and professionality, something we don't find easily these days. Keep up the good work guys.


p.s.
You can find me on fiverr for more personalized requests on any java app server configuration problem or java error that you encounter, with deliverance of less than a day (true!) and money back guarantee if not satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment