Friday, December 4, 2009

Running gwt project error

I thought giving gwt a chance, so I opened a tutorial for gwt and eclipse. Very soon I had the code for a little HelloWorld example ready to run. But when I hit 'run as --> Web Application' there was a sinister error waiting for me!!!

- libstdc++.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

So I thought I'll apt-get my way through! But stdlibc++.so.5 is no longer available on ubuntu 9.10!
So I googled the library and I had to install almost manually. Here is the download mirrors list for libstdc++5 library.

http://packages.ubuntu.com/jaunty/i386/libstdc++5/download.

After downloading and installing it, gwt worked fine. Though my code was a mess! lol.
And I need to add that linux is a beauty. I did not have to restart eclipse. I just hit 'Run' one more time and it worked!

No comments:

Post a Comment